Registration is now closed and we are prioritizing contracts based on the executive order to provide care to Tier 1 Essential workers. Contracts that are enter after September 4th will be accepted if availability.
Click here to register for KSY Distance Learning 20-21 (September 14- September 25)
Click here to register for KSY Hybrid 20-21 (Starting on September 28)
Registration and FAQ:
During hybrid distance learning days, childcare is provided for eligible Osseo Area Schools enrolled school-age children (Kindergarten through the age of 12) at no cost during regular school hours (8:50-3:20 or 9:30-4:00) to Tier 1 essential workers. Additional before and after school childcare is available for a fee from 6:30 am to school start time and from the end of the school day to 6 pm. Care will begin no later than the first day of school.
Are you a Tier I essential worker? Please click visit the New School Age Care guidance with an Appendix around who qualifies as an essential worker was released on 8/18/20.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
The State of Minnesota has compiled a list of additional available child care providers.
Registration opens at 9am on Friday, August 28th and will be a first-come, first-placed process. Priority will be given to all Tier 1 essential workers. All Tier 1 essential work verification was due by September, 18th by 5:00pm. Use your Eleyo account or look for the click here option to register on Friday. Registration closed at noon on September 4th, to prioritize enrollment and determine staffing. If needed, a waitlist will be generated.
In the hybrid/distance learning model:
- Care will be offered five days a week at our elementary schools and will begin on September 14th.
- Consistent schedule is required-minimum of 3 days a week on distance learning days in distance learning model and hybrid model minimum of 2 days is required on distance learning days.
- Hours will be from 6:30am-6:00pm
- A grab and go breakfast option and afternoon snack is provided daily. Breakfast and Lunch are provided at this time for free of charge.
Locations currently for hybrid and distance learning models-
Locations for students entering Kindergarten up to age 12 will be Basswood, Cedar Island, Edinbrook, Elm Creek, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, Woodland and Zanewood Elementary Schools.
- Childcare will be available for students who attend Birch Grove, Fair Oaks, Garden City at Zanewood Elementary.
- Childcare will be available for students who attend Crest View, Park Brook, Palmer Lake at Edinbrook Elementary.
|Four Star Express (4 year olds)|
|Kidstop (Grades K-5)|
|Summer (Entering Grades K-8)|
|2020-2021 Kidstop School Year Brochure (printable)|
Welcome to Kidstop!
Kidstop is a choice-based, high quality and enriching school-age care experience for children in Kindergarten - 5th grade. (We also offer Four Star Express for 4 year olds and Summer for grades 6-8. See links above.)
Whether your child craves challenge and adventure, connection and friendships, or just wants to chill, Kidstop offers engaging opportunities as unique as your child. Every aspect of what we do has your child in mind. Choice-based programming allows your child to make choices about how they want to spend their time while in our program.
We offer a quality and enriching school age care experience:
- We build our program around student choice, which promotes their emerging independence and leadership.
- We build the core of the district mission into our programs by engaging students in active learning.
- We provide homework help to students in the program.
- We work to build each child’s confidence, courage, and competence by creating a “can do” environment.
- We understand children and recognize the special gifts each brings to our programs. We build off of this and support each child to realize his or her unique importance.
- We do and bring in fun! Gadgets, Clubs, Fit-4-Fun! curriculum, Science, Service Projects, Literacy, Smoothie Makers, Dehydrators, and Innovative Games gives you a glimpse of what we do.
- We create an environment that supports the culture and background of each child.
We are confident that if you use our program your child will make new friends, experience enriching activities, and have a fun time!
Find details about Kidstop School Year Care HERE.
Kidstop School Year Sites:
|Basswood Elementary||Rice Lake Elementary|
|Cedar Island Elementary||Rush Creek Elementary|
|Edinbrook Elementary||Weaver Lake STEM|
|Elm Creek Elementary||Woodland Elementary|
|Fernbrook Elementary||Zanewood Community School*|
|Oak View Elementary|
*Birch Grove, Fair Oaks, Palmer Lake, and Park Brook Kidstop families are supported through the Zanewood Kidstop program.